A few days ago HobbyKing released a daily video for their new radio system Turnigy i10 which is rebranded FlySky FS-i10 radio. There were no big announcements for this radio as they did for Turnigy 9XR. Probably because this is not their own system but similar to Turnigy 9X it is just a FlySky product sold by HobbyKing.
Turnigy i10 system has some great features and the more noticeable one is the 240 x 400 pixes touch screen which makes it looking similar to modern smartphones. One more must have feature in these days radios is telemetry, and sure Turnigy i10 has it out of the box. Radio system is shipped with 3 sensors and can monitor voltage, temperature and RPM on your model. Turnigy i10 provides additional safety feature, every receiver has a unique ID and system ensures that receiver accepts signal only from transmitter which it was binded with.
Other than that following are other specs available from their website:
- Number of channels: 10
- Frequency: 2.4 Ghz AFHDS2A (automatic frequency hopping digital system version 2)
- Frequency Range: 2.4055-2.475GHz
- Model memory: 20 models with possibility to expand with SD memory card
- Model Types: helicopter / airplane / glider
- Weight: 620 grams (with battery)
This radio system works on 3.7 Li-Ion Polymer battery, and HobbyKing offers spare ones.
With this radio system HK and FlySky directly competes with FrSky's Taranis X9D radio system which offers similar features for telemetry. One disadvantage of the Turnigy i10 radio system is that it doesn't support external radio modules.
You can buy Turnigy i10 radio from HobbyKing website:
- Turnigy i10 2.4 Ghz 10 channel radio with telemetry Mode 1
- Turnigy i10 2.4 Ghz 10 channel radio with telemetry Mode 2